In Stitches Sewing & Design Studio!!
Starting SEPTEMBER 1st, we will have some NEW POLICY CHANGES.
First, we would like to take a second to thank you for supporting our small family-owned business. You have helped make the new ownership transition easy with your loyalty. We appreciate you! We think these changes will be helpful, not only for us but for you as well. Being owner for almost a year, it has become clear to us that some things could be improved. Heres how,
Tuition OPTIONS Meaning, our after school program (Sept-June) will have 3 payment options That you will choose at time of sign up. ALL SPACES ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
OPTION 1- Tuition can be paid monthly as always but will be DUE between the 15th-20th of every month. Approximately 2 weeks before the next month. Monthly classes are $85. You can pay-Venmo, cash, check, or Auto-pay. If this is the option you choose, a card must be kept on file for a cancelation fee. This will be charged if you are a “No Show” for 2 classes. It is a charge of $10+any fabric balance on your account and your spot will be sold.
OPTION 2- Quarterly Tuition Meaning, you will pay for 3 months at a time. If you choose this option. FABRIC IS INCLUDED. $300
OPTION 3- Pay for entire school Year- Sept-June. $825 Fabric will not be an option to be included. If fabric is bought in the studio payment can be paid monthly or seasonally.
*Why will this be helpful to you? -Knowing that your child is committed to 3 months of sewing classes allows us to teach them more and do bigger projects. When fabric is included, this takes off the pressure of having to make sure your child has a project in mind for their next class. Fabric included also allows us to have an ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION. Teachers will be able to give patterns and guide children in a better direction so no time is wasted and all time is LEARNING! Prepaying for class 2 weeks in advance allows us to have better quality product and allows us to know where and when we have the space to allow more students in.
- Less class options. Classes for students 6-18 will be available
TUESDAY- 3:30, 4:30 & 5:30
WEDNESDAY-3:30, 4:30 & 5:30
SATURDAY-9:30,10:30, 11:30 12:30 (open sew-1:30-3:00)
*Thursday-Design team 4:30-6:30.
Why is this helpful to you? Allowing too many options for classes makes each class inconsistent; having less classes mean we will be able to devote more teachers to each class. More teachers means more learning.
- Make-up classes! Each child will get 2 makeup classes each season, (fall, winter, spring) which will be made up on scheduled Makeup days only! Make-up classes can not be carried over to your next season and must be made-up by the end of each season. If you know you will not be able to make it to a class, a courtesy text, phone call, or email is much appreciated. Weather permitted cancelations/any other reasons In Stitches cancels will automatically be allowed as a makeup class.
*Why is this helpful to you? This will reinsure your child gets the attention they deserve. By having scheduled days, this will allow us to make sure we have enough teacher to student ratio. It will also keep your child's class uninterrupted. Unfortunately, make-up classes have become overused. We love that we are flexible as we know life can get hectic sometimes but we value our time with your children teaching them a skill that will last forever. Having consistency to sewing is very important. We love being able to keep your child going each week and seeing them finish projects. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!
- Adult classes & Design Team! Price for Design Team & Adult classes will be going up to $150 per month & Fabric will NOT be included in this price.
Design Team will have lessons each week & challenges every couple of months in which fabric will be provided. Each design team student will get 1 Makeup classes that must be made up by the end of the month. Design team will have the option to make up during our adult classes where space allows. We have noticed most design team students are devoted and almost never miss; if we noticed you are missing classes each month, we will consider other class times with you as this will be a very limited space class and we have other students that would love the opportunity.
DESIGN TEAM IS AN INVITE ONLY CLASS. Once your child shows they need more from the classes, we invite them in.
*Design team will be offered on Thursday or Fridays @ 4:30-6:30
*Design team will be able to pay on a month-to-month basis BUT spaces will not be held unless payment is made 2 weeks before the first class of the following month.
Adult will be allowed 1 makeup class ONLY if space allows meaning they are not guaranteed. 24hr notice is MUCH appreciated. Adult classes, as you most likely noticed, are very inconsistent. This is hard on our teachers as we plan to have more teachers when needed. Missed classes expire at the end of each month and cannot be made-up as we have new students starting each month. If you have a punch card and you do not come weekly, your spot must be held with a text/e-mail/phone call to reinsure we have room for you in the class. *no more drop in. Punch cards will also have an expiration date of 3 months.
- KNITTING & CROCHETING! Knitting & crocheting will run the same and is $75 per month. MONDAYS 3:30-5:00 or 5:00-6:30. You will have the option to stay for extra time before or after your time slot for $15 cash only. Meaning, if you come at 5 for knitting/crocheting, you may come to our earlier class for extra cost and get some extra time with our instructor. Makeup classes are very difficult for this class as we only offer 1 day of Knitting & crocheting.
- REFUNDS will NOT be made under any circumstance, as we are now offering less class times therefore space will be limited and hard to reach.
We hope you understand why our policies are changing. We look forward to an AMAZING new way of business. Our goal is to pass on our love for sewing and making these changes we know we can! Thank you. -IN STITCHES TEAM!